Pages

2012年9月10日星期一

Color Me Intrigued by the New Elizabeth Arden Bron

Color Me Intrigued by the New Elizabeth Arden Bronze in Bloom Eyeshadow Quads

Advertisement



Oh, fudge! Where’d I put my white gloves? They’re the only things that go with my Chanel tweed suit. What’s that,Cheap Jerseys, you say? They’re on the bureau by my Elizabeth Arden makeup? If I show up to lunch at the country club without my white gloves, Bunny MacDougal will throw a fit,Coach Outlet Stores!

I don’t know, but I’ve always kind of thought of Elizabeth Arden as a line for mature ladies who lunch. I never would have expected some of the edgier products and colors I’ve been seeing in their new Bronze in Bloom Collection. First the Smokey Eyes Powder Pencil in Black Violet, and now this? With the Color Intrigue Eyeshadow Quads in Golden Lilac and Bronze in Bloom ($30 each), it’s almost like EA is trying to channel her inner MAC or NARS.

Inside each of the palettes live four coordinating colors in shades I typically expect to see in fall, not summer. And a couple of the shadows have a bit of an edge, which I like.

Take the yellowish beige pan in the Golden Lilac Quad. Looks like just another boring beige, right? Not even. It’s actually a duochrome with tiny bits of golden glitter,Cheap NFL Jerseys, and it flashes from pink to purple. Then there’s the shimmery navy blue in the Blue Breeze Quad. It has a hint of sultry,MAC Make-Up Art Cosmetics Face of the Day with the Notoriety Quad, smokey black.

Performance-wise, the shadows remind me of a stepped-up Clinique. Similar medium pigmentation and powdery texture, except in both cases turned up a notch. When paired with a good eye primer like Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base (THE BEST,Coach Outlet!), they last all day long on my combination skin without fading or creasing.


Golden Lilac


Blue Breeze


Swatches of Golden Lilac on the left and Blue Breeze on the right

Right now I’m deep into summery golds,discount coach handbags, bronzes and teals, but I plan to reach for the colors in Bronze in Bloom when I’m ready for a break. It’s nice to see an established brand try to break from their mold.

PRICE: $30 each
AVAILABILITY: Available now at Elizabeth Arden counters and also online
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: B+

Vacation, all I ever wanted

Whew! What a crazy afternoon. I’ve been trying to wrap some things up before leaving for Vancouver tomorrow, but my to-do list does not appear to be getting any shorter.

Even though I’ll be on the road for the next few days,21 Ways to Store Your Makeup, I’ll still be checking in. You know me — I don’t go anywhere without the Internet. :)

I can’t remember the last time El Hub and I took an actual vacation together. I’m just really looking forward to spending some quality time with him.

Hope you had a great hump day. Doing anything fun tonight?

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen

Related articles:

0 评论:

发表评论