Pages

2012年9月10日星期一

Boscia MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil May Not R

Boscia MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil May Not Remove It All

Advertisement



Oil: It’s not just for deep frying and cars

I would love to hug the genius/sadist who, one fateful, oil-slicked day,Cheap NFL Jerseys, threw that first potato into a vat of boiling oil. Buddy, I’d like to shake your greasy hand. :)

Mmm, fries…

But oil’s not just for cars and deep frying. Companies have been pushing cleansing oils for years, and skin care lines like Shu Uemura and Decleor even sell them as specialized makeup removers (on the premise that oil attracts oil).

Boscia has one,On the Road Again With the Bobbi Brown Rose Shimmer Brick, a Traveling Semi-Exclusive, too. Their MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil will set you back $26 for a 5-fl. oz. bottle. The preservative-free, non-comedogenic cleansing oil is made from eucalyptus,Cheap Jerseys, rose hip, green tea, jojoba and golden palm oils (among other things; check out the full list of ingredients in the bottom pic), and the company claims it’s good for all skin types and cruelty-free.

I’d been using it for about a week when it came time to pack for Hawaii. The question was: would it stay or would it go?



I decided to leave it at home. It just didn’t seem unique or hard enough to replace with any number of other non-foaming oil cleansers. Not that I think it’s bad, because I don’t. Not at all. I like how moisturizing it is and that it doesn’t leave behind an oily residue,Cheap Christian Louboutin, but my problem is that it just doesn’t remove my makeup very well.

Even with two full pumps of product,Coach Factory Store, it couldn’t remove all of my face makeup (my standard for pictures: foundation, powder, concealer,The Bronze Goddess Is Back- Estee Lauder Summer 2010, blush and primer). It got most,Coach Outlet Online Store, but not all. I found myself having to bring out the big guns to finish the job — my tried-and-true PMS (Philosophy Purity Made Simple) for my face and Bliss Lid + Lash Wash for eye makeup.

I got a little concerned the one time I got MakeUp-BreakUp in my eyes. They clouded up, which, for the record, I DID NOT ENJOY. Nope, I’m blind enough as it is.

Thankfully, my vision cleared up, and now I see MakeUp-BreakUp for what it is: a somewhat uninspiring cruelty-free oil-based cleanser with a nice list of ingredients. Perhaps if it had delivered the cooling, refreshing sensation I expected it to from the product’s name, I would have brought it along for the ride.

NOTE: People with sensitive noses may like that it’s unscented. There’s a plus.

NOTE: If you need a makeup remover to vanquish heavy duty stuff, you might check out Clinique Cleansing Balm.

PRICE: $26 for a 5-fl. oz. bottle
AVAILABILITY: At Sephora stores and also online.
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: B-

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen

Related articles:

0 评论:

发表评论