Pages

2012年8月23日星期四

Nars Says Aloha with the Hula Hula Eyeshadow Duo

Nars Says Aloha with the Hula Hula Eyeshadow Duo

Advertisement



This afternoon I tried to come up a clever rhyme befitting the NARS Hula Hula Eyeshadow Duo ($32), but the closest I came were “Spend that moolah on Nars Hula Hula” and “I start to drool-a when I see Nars Hula Hula.”

FYI: Not many words rhyme with hula. :)

My rhymes may not weave a sonnet, but this shimmery eyeshadow duo feels like poetry on my eyes.

One of two eyeshadow duos in the Nars spring 2009 collection, Hula Hula comes with two cool-toned eyeshadows, the first in shimmery strawberry pink and the other in gold.


Swatch of Hula Hula without flash

To all my glitter girls, take note. Both colors in the duo have bangin’ flakes of glitter — huge chunks like the glitter in Nars’ Super Orgasm Blush, BAM!

I usually equate big glitter with drag show makeup (which has its time and place, I might add), but for some reason it works for me in Hula Hula, I’m guessing because both the colors apply semi-sheer. The finish reminds me of the sheer MAC Beauty Powder blushes. The glitter adds a touch of glam that just stops short of gaudy.


With flash

I think if either of the shadows in this duo applied with the rich, shimmery pigmentation of something like a Shu Uemura eyeshadow or MAC Pigment, then the glitter in them would have taken these shadows on a three-hour tour to tranny-ville. Instead, they hit the glitter nail on the head.

Nars Hula Hula Eyeshadow Duo

Price: $32
Use: A semi-sheer eyeshadow duo with honkin’ big chunks of glitter that work!
Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating: A

For a super easy spring look, I like to wear this duo sticking to just one of the colors at a time, like with a simple wash of the strawberry pink (or the gold) over the entire lid and wearing it with curled lashes and LOTS of mascara.

Got any workout music suggestions for me?

Hey, ladies! How was your Thursday? It seems like this week went by in a flash, didn’t it?

I may squeeze in a quick workout now that I’m finished with my reading for school… Do you ever use the stair stepper machine at the gym? Damn, that thing sure kicks my @ss. It burns mad calories, but it’s about as fun as getting a tooth pulled. I could really use some new music to kill the pain. Got any suggestions?

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen

Related articles:

0 评论:

发表评论